Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to be more “green”? Check out 8 tips below. Call your San Diego Plumber – Ideal Plumbing, for any green plumbing improvements. For example, if just 10% of Americans attached outdoor hose shut-off valves, 128,000 bathtubs could be filled every day!
- Run your home on renewable energy generated by the sun and sell the excess to your local power company.
- Collect run-off rain in a barrel for use in water plants and yard.
- Treat windows with low-emittance coating.
- Seal any gaps that could allow drafts in or out.
- Wash all paint brushes out in the sink, not in the yard.
- Dispose of paint cans via a hazardous waste collection program.
- Don’t spray pesticides immediately before predicted rain.
- Don’t let grass clippings wash into sewer drains.