Bathrooms have many unknown hazards for people of all ages, and can be more common for children and seniors.
Whether you're looking for general bathroom safety tips, bathroom safety tips for seniors, or if you'd like to upgrade your entire bathroom space, we're here to help. Call Ideal at 619-583-7963.
Make Bathroom Safety a Priority
Ideal can make a few simple changes to make your bathroom a safe place.
- Grab bars: help you maintain balance, and lessen fatigue while standing and maneuvering.
- Shower seats: provide ease and comfort if you are unable, or prefer not to, stand in the shower. Use a shower seat while shaving to help avoid slips.
- Hand held shower heads: give you more flexibility during showering. Whether you are seated or standing, you will enjoy ease and comfort by using one.
- Comfort height or ADA compliant height toilets: make sitting down and getting back up easier on your body. They can be helpful for tall people, seniors, or those with knee or back problems.
- Low threshold showers: give you easier access than a traditional bathtub and can help you lessen the likelihood of trips or falls when getting in and out of your shower.
- Walk-in bathtubs: help eliminate the struggle of getting up, out, and over the bathtub. Just open the door, step in, sit down, fill the tub with water, and enjoy your bath.