Thank you first responders for keeping our community safe!
The June 3rd Del Cerro Fire was a stark reminder that fires can happen at any time, and we need to be prepared to protect our families and property. The fire scorched around 38 acres of vegetation, and could have been much worse without the quick action and diligence by the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department. Thank you to our amazing first responders for keeping our community safe!
Since 2013, Don Teemsma, President/CEO of Ideal, has served on the board for the San Diego Fire Rescue Foundation. The Foundation supports the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department in its efforts to provide the highest level of service to the community by helping to supply funding for enhanced equipment, training, and technology for our first responders. Through the generous support of community members, like you, we are able to help provide these unmet needs that would not otherwise be available through the City’s budget process. Our funding starts where the City’s budget stops. As we have just seen in our own backyard, these services are imperative to the safety of our families, homes, and community.
Please consider donating: sdfirerescue.org/donate
Recent donations have helped the San Diego Fire Rescue Foundation fund:
• The purchase and installation of 56 mobile data computers in the County
• Outfitting the Arson K9 vehicle with a temperature monitoring alert system, canine kennel, and additional outfitting and investigating equipment required to conform to national arson and explosive investigator standards
• Personal Escape Systems that provide firefighters with the ability to exit through an upper floor window in less than 30 seconds, should they become trapped or disoriented during a structure fire
• 3 Programmable, commercial-grade washing machines that will help remove carcinogens from firefighter’s turnouts and other equipment
• Youth development programs, such as Girls Empowerment Camp
• 75 sets of enhanced hand tools for fighting wildfires. Firefighters use these tools to create a path, free from vegetation, around the perimeter of the fire. This “fireline” helps prevent flames from spreading on the ground while crews work to contain the fire.
San Diego Fire Rescue Foundation 5K & Kids Run (+Fire Safety Expo)
• Sat., Oct. 6, 2018 at Spanish Landing Park West.
• More info: sdfirerescue.org/5k-and-kids-run
Use promo code IDEAL and save $5 off your 5K registration.
(Promo code not valid on Kids 1-Mile Run, Sparky Sprint or Public Safety Personnel registrations. Expires 8/31/2018. Cannot be combined with other offers.)